With the release of the new Air 2.6 SDK yesterday I wanted to see what performance improvements had been made. After a couple of hours playing with Ant scripts I managed to get this example up and running on my iPhone4.
This small demo is now up on my github account so feel free to take a look. I won't go into too much detail but the general process to get it up and running includes...
- Down the 2.6 SDK from here
- Download the demo project here
- Obtain the necessary mobile provision and certificate files from your Apple Developer account
- Setup the project in your editor of choice
- Amend the project, asset and SDK locations in the Ant build script
- Package the iPhone app
- Install the app and mobile provision file to your phone via iTunes
This demo just to show how good the new performance is and doesn't deal with the new features of the SDK update. It is worth playing around with the render modes set in the descriptor file and different caching types effect the performance of the app.